SOCA is proud to announce the 2016 Spruce Up Grant Program – our 2nd year of this exciting program that aims to improve the exterior appearance of buildings on or near the Saginaw Street and Oakland Avenue corridor!
How does it work? This year there are two kinds of grants available: two grants of $500 and one grant for $1000! To be considered for a Spruce Up Grant, you must:
- Be a current SOCA member
- Propose improvements to a building exterior within the SOCA territory. This might involve repairing or replacing signage, painting, landscaping, etc.
- Return a complete application by Friday, June 17, 2016
- Agree to be featured in SOCA press releases, social media posts
- Attend our August 17th, 2016 Business Breakfast to receive a big check (event is from 8 to 9 am, location to be announced)
- Complete all improvements by Friday, September 30, 2016
This grant program is 100% funded through SOCA membership fees. It is one way SOCA works to serve our member businesses.